From this… list of music things. I have no idea what to call it.
1. A song you like with a color in the title
Colors by Halsey.
Okay that was cheating.
But just so you know, I am a cheater and so I will be cheating on basically all of these.
Also, I know melodies, not songs. So titles are hard. Colors has colors in the lyrics, okay?
2. A song you like with a number in the title
Centuries by Fall Out Boy.
A century is 100 years. That’s a number.
It’s not cheating, it’s just thinking outside of the box.
3. A song that reminds you of summertime
Dancing On Glass by St. Lucia.
The intro and the music chorus thing both really remind me of summer, but the song does too.
4. A song that reminds you of someone you would rather forget about
Ghost by Ella Henderson.
5. A song that needs to be played loud
Walk Like an Egyptian by The Bangles.
Okay, so I believe that all songs should be played loud, because what are ears and also because all songs just sound better loud. But this is a good example.
6. A song that makes you want to dance
Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae) by Silento.
Not sorry at all for those of you who are so sick of this.
It’s kinda dead by now, but that’s the first thing I thought of. You’ll deal. Don’t worry.
7. A song to drive to
Drive by Oh Wonder.
I can’t drive? But I can find a song that has the word “drive” in the title so I did.
Oh my god I am so lame. Don’t quote me on this.
8. A song about drugs or alcohol
New Americana by Halsey.
I got really obsessed with Halsey a little while back. Blame Crea. Halsey’s great though.
9. A song that makes you happy
Na Na Na by Pentatonix.
If you haven’t noticed, I’m super obsessed with Pentatonix as well.
It’s kinda funny, but most songs don’t really make me happy. I’m kinda impassive, blank face, that kind of stuff. I hear songs but I don’t experience them.
10. A song that makes you sad
Cool Kids by Echosmith.
I swear up and down that this song is about bullying.
11. A song that you never get tired of
Crossfire by Stephen.
So I found this somewhere a long time ago, and I kinda fell in love with it.
12. A song from your preteen years
Fight Song by Rachel Platten.
I am in my preteen years, but this was really popular earlier this year, so I guess it’ll do. It’s a good song, anyways.
13. One of your favorite 80’s songs
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Eurythmics.
I didn’t know what songs were made in the 80’s, so I googled it and this came up first. And I actually like this song, so that’s a plus.
14. A song that you would love to play at your wedding
Now We Are Free from Gladiator.
There were too many people who made it I didn’t want to write all their names. Wait why would I be getting married I’m not planning for that but anyways this song is cool
It would just be so epic.
15. A song that is a cover by another artist
Where Are Ü Now by Pentatonix.
Because Justin Bieber is just not the same as Pentatonix.
16. One of your favorite classical songs
Souvenirs D’enfance by Richard Clyderman.
Did you even have to ask? DID YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK???
17. A song you’d sing a duet with on karaoke
Cabinet Battle #1 by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Or the second one. I’d do either.
Hamilton is amazing. I used to hate history but U.S. history? Sign me up, both literally and figuratively.
18. A song from the year that you were born
Complicated by Avril Lavigne.
I literally can’t even. It’s the only song I know from then.
19. A song that makes you think about life
Renegades by X Ambassadors.
20. A song that has many meanings to you
Immortals by Fall Out Meaning.
There’s the thing where it’s from Big Hero 6, and then there’s the thing where it’s a great song, and then it’s so up to interpretation that I can imagine so many scenarios for it. It’s great.
21. A favorite song with a person’s name in the title
Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy.
22. A song that moves you forwards
The Walker by Fitz and The Tantrums.
Why must the letters capitalized in song names and titles make no sense
23. A song that you think everyone should listen to
Buzzcut Season by Lorde.
I know she’s known mostly for Royals, but Buzzcut Season is amazing.
I was going to say Hallucinations by dvsn, but it’s a hit or miss for most people. The first time I listened to it, I wanted to claw my ears out, but now I love it. It’ll grow on you.
24. A song by a band you wish were still together
Blackbird by the Beatles.
Guess who has no idea which bands are still together or not? Me.
So I googled it. And the Beatles popped up first, so I found a song I liked from them.
25. A song by an artist no longer living
Do you even know how hard it is to find an artist who’s dead? Argh. I’m so done. I have no song for this.
26. A song that makes you want to fall in love
YOUTH by Troye Sivan.
Okay, no song will make me want to fall in love, but this is really good.
27. A song that breaks your heart
I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello.
Also an amazing duet.
28. A song by an artist with a voice you love
Victorious by Panic! At The Disco.
29. A song you remember from your childhood
Cups by Anna Kendrick.
Probably not the real name, but it could be either that or When I’m Gone.
But I remember everyone doing this when I was a kid. Which I still am, so that’s nice buddy.
30. A song that reminds you of yourself
Human by Christina Perri.
Okay, now that that’s over- that took forever. It’s so long. More than a thousand words. I’m tired.